Thursday, September 24, 2009

Spider Lilies

Every year about this time, these beautiful red flowers start popping up in yards around our neighborhood.

Around mailboxes. In the middle. On the edges. Always in the grass! One flower here. A patch of two or three there.

I have been itching to stop and beg someone to let me take pictures of these flowers in their yard. Of course they aren't growing in ours! Even from the road, you can see the intricate beauty of these flowers though.

Today we were riding by a school near our neighborhood. There they were, across from the school, in a field that used to be a pecan grove! I couldn't believe it. So I took Addie and Paul home and headed back out to this field. It was around 5pm and picture perfect lighting!

bIMG_5912-3
50mm 1.4, ISO 100, f/1.6, 1/650

bIMG_5930
50mm 1.4, ISO 100, f/1.8, 1/500

bIMG_5970
50mm 1.4, ISO 100, f/1.8, 1/400

bIMG_5921
50mm 1.4, ISO 100, f/1.8, 1/650

bIMG_5977
50mm 1.4, ISO 100, f/1.8, 1/400

bIMG_5903-2
50mm 1.4, ISO 200, f/2.0, 1/800

bIMG_5907-3
50mm 1.4, ISO 100, f/1.6, 1/400

2 comments:

Skeller September 28, 2009 at 10:05 PM  

wowzers! these are GORGEOUS!!! beautiful colors and dof. gosh, I want that 50mm 1.4!! (it's next on my list ;-)). I especially like 3,5 and the last one.

Carly January 7, 2010 at 6:14 PM  

beautiful stunning pics. Thanks for including the settings, I learn so much from seeing how you shot such beautiful photos!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

(picture courtesy of DiAnna Paulk)
This is my creative outlet. Nothing more. Nothing less.

I currently shoot with a Canon 5D and primarily a 28-75mm 2.8 lens or a 50mm 1.4 lens. I love landscapes, flowers, and architecture; but my ultimate goal is to be able to take great pictures of my little girls. I want to capture the expressions, the quickly fleeting moments, and document the blessings of our amazing God! His mercies are new every morning...

...these are a few of my favorite things.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP